Do you struggle to stay organized and manage your time well? Are you interested in improving your academic success? Would you like to be a part of a supportive group of students?
Talk to your counselor about joining AVID today!
AVID - Advancement Via Individual Determination - is an academic, regularly scheduled elective class based on writing as a tool of learning, the inquiry method and collaboration.
The three main components of the program are:
- academic instruction
- tutorial support
- motivational activities
Contact your school counselor or Grants Pass High School's AVID Site Coordinator for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why was my student selected/nominated for AVID? Does it mean they need remedial help?
- How does AVID contribute to student success?
- Why do AVID students have to take advanced coursework?
- Where does AVID fit in with the Common Core?
- Who pays for AVID?
- How can I help my AVID student?
- My child is not in the AVID Elective. How do they benefit?